A Leading Member SMSF is centred around the Fund’s Leading Member who has the power to appoint and remove the Trustee and also any member. The Leading Member also acts as Chairperson in any Trustee meeting. These measures ensure that the Leading Member can protect the family and the superannuation wealth of the family. In addition the membership of the Leading Member SMSF may be limited to lineage of the Leading Member and superannuation death benefits may be paid, subject to a member’s wishes to the member’s lineage or bloodline.
Articles in this section
- What is a Leading Member SMSF and how is it different to a standard SMSF?
- What are the benefits of a Leading Member SMSF?
- Are there any risks associated with a Leading Member SMSF?
- How does the Trustee ensure that the Leading Member acts in the best interest of the Fund?
- What happens if I do not appoint a 2nd Leading Member, and the 1st Leading Member passes away suddenly?
- I’m nervous about appointing one person in a Fund as a Leading Member. Are we giving full control of the fund to this person?
- Is a Leading Member SMSF or Trust the same as Bloodline?
- Is a Leading Member fund legal?